Subject: Circular / Circulaire No 40(25): Special Commission on the 1993 Adoption Convention: C&R from previous meetings of the SC and questionnaire on possible discussion topics
From: "HCCH" <[email-masked]>
To: "HCCH" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2025 15:31:20 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Version française ci-après

Versión en español abajo

HCCH 2025 Focused Circular No 40

Special Commission on the 1993 Adoption Convention: C&R from previous 
meetings of the SC and questionnaire on possible discussion topics

The PB of the HCCH recalls Conclusion and Decision (C&D) No 42 of the March 
2025 meeting of the Council on General Affairs and Policy (CGAP) which reads 
as follows:

“The PB will start preparations for a Sixth Meeting of the SC [Special 
Commission] on the practical operation of the 1993 Adoption Convention by 
circulating a questionnaire on the possible topics and format of the SC 
meeting. The PB will report on the outcomes of this questionnaire to Members 
and Contracting Parties and commence the other preparations for the SC 
meeting in accordance with the responses that are received. The exact timing 
of this SC meeting will be determined in accordance with the full Work 
Programme of the HCCH.”

The PB also recalls C&D No 77 of the same CGAP meeting:

“CGAP mandated the PB to start preparatory work for the meetings of the SCs 
on the practical operation of the 1993 Adoption and 2007 Child Support 
Conventions, respectively. The timing of these SC meetings is subject to the 
decisions to be taken by CGAP 2026 in relation to the possible next steps of 
the normative projects on Parentage / Surrogacy and Jurisdiction, the 
overall Work Programme, and budget implications.”

Against this background, the PB invites the Members as well as all Central 
Authorities designated under the 1993 Adoption Convention to take note of 
the following documents:

 <https://assets.hcch.net/docs/62cb8bd0-a339-4592-9fad-4b85a989d31b.pdf> 
Prel. Doc. No 1 of May 2025

Conclusions and Recommendations from previous meetings of the Special 
Commission (SC) on the Practical Operation of the 1993 Adoption Convention

 <https://assets.hcch.net/docs/93a87ada-f3b9-495e-aaa3-90f5d3e46a74.pdf> 
Prel. Doc. No 2 of May 2025

Questionnaire on possible topics for discussion at the Sixth Meeting of the 
Special Commission on the practical operation of the 1993 Adoption 
Convention

With regard to Prel. Doc. No 2, please note the following:

*	the questionnaire, which is presented in the form of an online survey, is 
available for completion via the following link: 
<https://limesurvey.hcch.net/index.php/672921?lang=en> 
https://limesurvey.hcch.net/index.php/672921?lang=en. A pdf version has been 
uploaded to the 
<https://www.hcch.net/en/instruments/conventions/specialised-sections/intercountry-adoption> 
Adoption Section of the HCCH website for consultation purposes only;
*	Members and Contracting Parties to the 1993 Adoption Convention are kindly 
requested to send only one (coordinated) response per State;
*	the PB intends to publish a summary of the questionnaire responses on the 
HCCH website, including a compilation of responses. Respondents are 
therefore requested to clearly indicate if their response (or responses to 
specific questions) should not be made available on the HCCH website;
*	Observers which attended the July 2022 SC meeting may wish to respond to 
the questionnaire. However, while their responses may be included in the 
compilation, following the 
<https://www.hcch.net/en/governance/rules-of-procedure> HCCH Rules of 
Procedure which state that “Observers do not participate in the 
decision-making process” (Art. J.5), their responses will not be considered 
when determining the discussion topics for the SC meeting.

The deadline for submitting comments on Prel. Doc. No 1 and responding to 
the online survey questionnaire is Tuesday 15 July 2025, 5.00 p.m. (CEST). 
The possible holding and timing of a SC meeting on the practical operation 
of the 1993 Adoption Convention will be discussed at CGAP 2026.

THE HAGUE, 3 June 2025

To the National and Contact Organs of the Members

To the Central Authorities designated under the 1993 Adoption Convention

Copy for information to the Diplomatic Missions of the Members

Copy for information to the participants in the Fifth Meeting of the SC on 
the practical operation of the 1993 Adoption Convention (4-8 July 2022)

  _____

Circulaire ciblée No 40 de la HCCH de 2025

Commission spéciale sur la Convention Adoption de 1993 : C&R des réunions 
précédentes de la CS et questionnaire sur les thèmes qui pourraient être 
abordés

Le BP de la HCCH rappelle la Conclusion & Décision (C&D) No 42 de la réunion 
de 2025 du Conseil sur les affaires générales et la politique (CAGP) qui se 
lit comme suit :

« Le BP entamera les préparatifs d’une Sixième réunion de la CS sur le 
fonctionnement pratique de la Convention Adoption de 1993 en diffusant un 
questionnaire sur les thèmes et le format possibles de la réunion de la CS. 
Le BP rendra compte des résultats de ce questionnaire aux Membres et aux 
Parties contractantes et entamera les autres aspects de la préparation de la 
réunion de la CS en fonction des réponses reçues. La date exacte de cette 
réunion de la CS sera déterminée en fonction du programme de travail global 
de la HCCH. »

Le BP rappelle également la C&D No 77 de la même réunion du CAGP qui se lit 
comme suit :

« Le CAGP a chargé le BP d’entamer les travaux préparatoires des réunions 
des CS sur le fonctionnement pratique des Conventions Adoption de 1993 et 
Recouvrement des aliments de 2007, respectivement. Le calendrier des 
réunions de ces CS dépendra des décisions prises par le CAGP lors de sa 
réunion de 2026, notamment en ce qui concerne les prochaines étapes 
éventuelles des projets normatifs sur la Filiation / Gestation pour autrui 
et sur la Compétence, le programme de travail global et les implications 
budgétaires. »

Dans ce contexte, le BP invite les Membres ainsi que les Autorités centrales 
désignées en vertu de la Convention Adoption de 1993 à prendre note des 
documents suivants :

 <https://assets.hcch.net/docs/74c3fd10-4ff4-4481-bb38-5379a265dfc0.pdf> 
Doc. prél. No 1 de mai 2025

Conclusions et Recommandations des réunions précédentes de la Commission 
spéciale (CS) sur le fonctionnement pratique de la Convention Adoption de 
1993

 <https://assets.hcch.net/docs/0dea226f-def8-4d8a-8254-662827fc7145.pdf> 
Doc. prél. No 2 de mai 2025

Questionnaire sur les thèmes qui pourraient être abordés lors de la Sixième 
réunion de la Commission spéciale sur le fonctionnement pratique de la 
Convention Adoption de 1993

En ce qui concerne le Doc. prél. No 2, veuillez noter ce qui suit :

*	le questionnaire, qui se présente sous la forme d’une enquête en ligne, 
peut être complété en cliquant sur le lien suivant : 
<https://limesurvey.hcch.net/index.php/672921?lang=fr> 
https://limesurvey.hcch.net/index.php/672921?lang=fr. Une version PDF a été 
publiée sur le site web de la HCCH sur l’ 
<https://www.hcch.net/fr/instruments/conventions/specialised-sections/intercountry-adoption/> 
Espace Adoption de la HCCH à titre de consultation uniquement ;
*	les Membres et les Parties contractantes à la Convention Adoption de 1993 
sont invités à n’envoyer qu’une seule réponse (coordonnée) par État ;
*	le BP a l’intention de publier une synthèse des réponses au questionnaire 
sur le site web de la HCCH, y compris une compilation des réponses. Les 
répondants doivent donc indiquer clairement si leurs réponses (ou certaines 
réponses à des questions spécifiques) ne doivent pas publiées sur le site 
web de la HCCH ;
*	les Observateurs qui ont assisté à la réunion de la CS de juillet 2022 
peuvent souhaiter répondre au questionnaire. Toutefois, bien que leurs 
réponses puissent être incluses dans la compilation, conformément au 
<https://www.hcch.net/fr/governance/rules-of-procedure> Règlement intérieur 
de la HCCH qui dispose que « [l]es observateurs ne participent pas au 
processus de décision » (art. J.5), leurs réponses ne seront pas prises en 
compte lors de la détermination des thèmes à aborder pour la réunion de la 
CS.

La date limite pour soumettre des commentaires sur le Doc. prél. No 1 et 
pour répondre au questionnaire de l’enquête en ligne est fixée au mardi 15 
juillet 2025, à 17 h (heure d’été d’Europe centrale). La tenue éventuelle d’une 
réunion de la CS sur le fonctionnement pratique de la Convention Adoption de 
1993 et son calendrier seront discutés au CAGP de 2026.

LA HAYE, le 3 juin 2025

Aux Organes nationaux et de liaison des Membres

Aux Autorités centrales désignées en vertu de la Convention Adoption de 1993

Copie à titre d’information aux Missions diplomatiques des Membres

Copie à titre d’information aux participants de la Cinquième réunion de la 
Commission spéciale sur le fonctionnement pratique de la Convention Adoption 
de 1993 (du 4 au 8 juillet 2022)

  _____

Circular Específica N.º 40 de la HCCH de 2025

Comisión Especial del Convenio sobre Adopción de 1993: CyR de las reuniones 
anteriores de la CE y cuestionario sobre posibles temas de debate

La Oficina Permanente (OP) recuerda la Conclusión y Decisión (CyD) N.º 42 de 
la reunión de marzo de 2025 del Consejo de Asuntos Generales y Política 
(CAGP) que reza lo siguiente:

“La OP comenzará a preparar la sexta reunión de la Comisión Especial sobre 
el funcionamiento práctico del Convenio sobre Adopción de 1993 distribuyendo 
un cuestionario sobre los posibles temas y el formato de la reunión. La OP 
informará sobre los resultados de este cuestionario a los Miembros y a las 
Partes contratantes y comenzará los demás preparativos en función de las 
respuestas que reciba. Las fechas exactas de la reunión de la Comisión 
Especial se fijarán de acuerdo con la totalidad del programa de trabajo de 
la HCCH.”

La OP también recuerda la CyD N.º 77 de la misma reunión del CAGP:

“El CAGP encomendó a la OP comenzar a preparar las reuniones de las 
Comisiones Especiales sobre el funcionamiento práctico de los Convenios 
sobre Adopción de 1993 y Cobro de Alimentos de 2007, respectivamente. Se 
decidirán las fechas de estas reuniones en el CAGP de 2026, teniendo en 
cuenta los posibles próximos pasos de los proyectos normativos (Filiación y 
Gestación por Sustitución y Competencia Judicial), así como el programa de 
trabajo en su conjunto y las implicaciones presupuestarias.”

En este contexto, la OP invita a los Miembros y a las Autoridades Centrales 
designadas en virtud del Convenio sobre Adopción de 1993 a tomar 
conocimiento de los siguientes documentos:

 <https://assets.hcch.net/docs/5424cb91-d1df-4340-9c45-4ba5dbd00e5b.pdf> 
Doc. Prel. N.º 1 de mayo de 2025

Conclusiones y Recomendaciones de las reuniones anteriores de la Comisión 
Especial (CE) sobre el funcionamiento práctico del Convenio sobre Adopción 
de 1993

 <https://assets.hcch.net/docs/b18955ea-00e5-4c18-8b73-959aeb1aa8ab.pdf> 
Doc. Prel. N.º 2 de mayo de 2025

Cuestionario sobre los temas que podrían tratarse en la sexta reunión de la 
Comisión Especial sobre el funcionamiento práctico del Convenio sobre 
Adopción de 1993

En relación con el Documento Preliminar N.º 2, cabe señalar lo siguiente:

*	El cuestionario, que se presenta en forma de encuesta en línea, debe 
completarse en el siguiente enlace: 
<https://limesurvey.hcch.net/index.php/672921?lang=es> 
https://limesurvey.hcch.net/index.php/672921?lang=es. En la 
<https://www.hcch.net/es/instruments/conventions/specialised-sections/intercountry-adoption/> 
Sección Adopción del sitio web de la HCCH figura una versión PDF solo para 
consulta.
*	Se solicita que los Miembros y las Partes contratantes del Convenio envíen 
solo una respuesta (coordinada) por Estado.
*	La OP tiene la intención de publicar un resumen y una recopilación de las 
respuestas en el sitio web del HCCH. Por lo tanto, se ruega indicar si su 
respuesta (o respuestas a preguntas específicas) no debe publicarse en el 
sitio web de la HCCH.
*	Los Observadores que asistieron a la reunión de la Comisión Especial de 
julio de 2022 tal vez deseen responder al cuestionario. Sin embargo, si bien 
sus respuestas podrán incluirse en la recopilación, de conformidad con el 
<https://www.hcch.net/es/governance/rules-of-procedure> Reglamento Interno 
de la HCCH, “[l]os Observadores no participan en el proceso de toma de 
decisiones” (art. J.5), por lo que sus respuestas no se tendrán en cuenta a 
la hora de determinar los temas que se tratarán en la reunión de la Comisión 
Especial.

La fecha límite para presentar comentarios sobre el Documento Preliminar N.º 
1 y responder al cuestionario en línea es el martes 15 de julio de 2025, a 
las 17:00 (hora de verano de Europa Central). La posible celebración y las 
fechas de la próxima reunión de la Comisión Especial se debatirán en el CAGP 
de 2026.

LA HAYA, 3 de junio de 2025

A los Órganos Nacionales y de Contacto de los Miembros

A las Autoridades Centrales designadas en virtud del Convenio sobre Adopción 
de 1993

Copia para información de las Misiones Diplomáticas de los Miembros

Copia para información de los participantes en la Quinta Reunión de la 
Comisión Especial sobre el funcionamiento práctico del Convenio de Adopción 
de 1993 (4-8 de julio de 2022)